It’s never too late and you’re never too old to earn your diploma! Adults who are no longer enrolled in high school are eligible to earn a high school equivalency diploma by passing the GED test. Community Education Adult Basic Ed classes (offered free of charge) can help you prepare for the GED test. If you already have a diploma, Adult Basic Ed classes can help you prepare for college or technical school and brush up reading, math, writing and computer skills.
Our schedule for 2016-17 will be:
FES-Room 110-September 13 - May 30
ABE & ESL Not Meeting Dates: October 20, Nov. 8, Nov. 10, Nov. 24, Dec. 27, Dec. 29, Mar. 7 and Mar. 9!
Please note: If school is canceled, ABE is canceled!
Come to Adult Basic Education to:
| Did You Know....
- Someone with a high school diploma or GED will make an average of $7,000 more per year than someone without.
- 14.1 million people have received their GED since the program began. With a GED you can join the military, continue on to college or tech school, obtain better-paying and receive greater promotions.
Classes are held at Foley Elementary School
- Take a GED pre-test
- Study for the GED test
- Brush up on reading, writing or math skills
- Prepare for higher education
- Increase your computer knowledge and skills
- Elementary Small Conference Room
- Classes are small and informal
- Work at your own pace
- Classes are designed for adults
- No Cost!
- Computer assisted learning
- Start at any time
Scholarships For Test Fees Available
Test fee assistance is available to Foley ABE students by calling the Community Education office at 320-968-8619. All inquiries are kept confidential.
Free childcare now available for GED/ESL Classes To accommodate busy schedules, we now welcome any child up to age 12 who lives in your home in our new child care program. Staff will be available to help them with homework or to read and play in a structured, developmentally appropriate way while you learn. You will be asked to submit a child care schedule when you arrive the first evening for our planning purposes.
For more information or to register, call Ms. Alyssa Stewart in the Community Education Director's office 320-968-8619, or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org